Volume 12                  Number 2
General Meeting: Thursday, September 2nd. BYOB Happy Hour 6 to 6:30. Dinner at 6:30 p.m. at the Club house on Burlington. Meeting at 7pm. Guest Speaker: Us - Eat and Enjoy Western BBQ by John Kadlec.
DUES: Bring cash or check
Board Meeting: Tuesday, Sept 28th at 5:30 p.m. on Zoom (for those you cannot make it in person) AND in person at the club house.
Important dates in September.
3rd - National Lazy Mom's Day
6th - Fight Procrastination Day
14th -  National Cream Filled Donut Day
22nd -  National Ice Cream Cone Day
28th -  Ask a Stupid Question Day
The following quote should be heeded for our club because the same few people cannot continue to do all the work. 
"Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much."
-Helen Keller-
Board of Directors 2021-2022
Tim Echternach
Vice President of Membership
Sara Echternach
Kay Brejcha
Sargent at Arms
Elaine McCoy
Brett Benton
2 Year Term
Dayton Shepherd
Aaron Zaner
1 Year Term
Brian McNeill
Todd Shelmadine
Never Forget 9/11
CeCe Benton - 1st
Kay Brejcha - 6th
Jessica Bernhardt - 9th
If you have Western type clothing, wear it
Dinner will be catered by
John Kadlec BBQ
$8.00 per person
Bottled water will be provided.
Minutes from the August 24, 2021 Board Meeting
 for the Show-Me Cosmopolitan Club
The Show – Me Cosmopolitan Club board meeting met at the Cosmopolitan building/Zoom.  The meeting was called to order by Tim Echternach at 5:33pm.
Attendance:   Brett Benton, Kay Brejcha, Sara Echternach, Tim Echternach, Elaine McCoy, Brian McNeill, Dayton Shepherd and Aaron Zaner attended.
Memorial to Clarence Jett:    Tree in Cosmo Park is good idea.  Dayton is working on wording for the plaque.
Location of meeting:  Dayton has had members who do not want to meet at the club.  They do not think it is as much fun.  Kay reported members who liked meeting at the building.  They thought we visited more.  Elaine reported until COVID numbers go down she is more comfortable at the club house.  At this time, we will continue to meet at the building.
Three club meeting:  Tim will send an email reminder about the August 31st meeting.  Elaine reminded us reservations are due tomorrow.
Emails and notifications:  Several members are still not receiving emails.  Every member should go into Club Runner and update their own information.
Treasurer issue: Tim had communicated with David House, and it is reported that there isn't any bylaw that suggests the a club cannot continue without a Treasurer, however, just writing checks to pay the bills, and donate money shouldn't be the way to continue.
Walktoberfest:  It will be the first Sunday in October.  The shelter has been confirmed.  Brett, Tom, Dayton, and Tim will organize the Walktoberfest.  Dayton suggested concentrate on members getting teams.  They need to join teams and raise money for walkers.  Elaine suggested we limit attractions because of the Delta variant.  Sara suggested that we have a date to register by in order to receive a t-shirt.   Elaine voted to make the walk this Octoberfest virtual this year.  Bryan seconded the motion.  The motion carried.  Before the general meeting Brett, Dayton, Tom, Elaine, and Sara will work on material for the walk.  We still have the flyer from last year.  Sara will do the flyer.  They will be available at the meeting in September. (Brett, Dayton, Elaine, Sara, and Tom Linder are on the committee)
Mo-Kan Chiefs trip:  Elaine would like to see if there is an interest in a group event to a Chiefs game.  There would be tailgating and seating as a group.  Elaine has been working with Linda Gentry of the Heartland Club.  Dayton will involve MO-KAN and paperwork needed.
50/50:  Elaine will not be at the next meeting.  She needs someone to do the raffle.  John Hubert’s name was suggested.
September meeting:  We still need a speaker for the September meeting, however, it was decided to just visit.  It was also decided to have a western theme.  Members will be encouraged to wear western wear.  John Kadlec will be catering the Bar-B-Q dinner.
Speakers:  Elaine has a list of suggested speakers she will email to Tim. 
Three clubs to one:  The possibility of the three clubs joining as one club was discussed. Possible name: The Columbia Cosmo Club. It was finally decided it was not time to do this yet.  But, we do need to increase our activities and bring more guests to meetings as future members.
Adjournment:  Dayton made the motion to adjourn.  Aaron seconded the motion.  The meeting was adjourned.
Minutes of General Meeting – August 5, 2021
The meeting was called to order by President Tim Echternach.
Opening prayer:  Larry Benton gave the prayer using a prayer the chaplain of International gave at the international convention.  Copies of this prayer can be obtained from the secretary or Larry Benton.
Guests:  Guests were introduced: Phil Hanson and Dean Barry.
Speaker:  Our speaker was Steven Gaither.  He represents the Friends of Fisher House.  He gave a history of this organization that serves veterans.  It is a top-rated charity for veterans.  A new one will be built in Columbia.  It will contain sixteen suites and other details.   The location is right next to the veteran’s hospital.  The buildings in this organization are built and then donated to the VA.  They have a goal of three million dollars for the building in Columbia.
We can help in the following ways:
  1.  Partner to make a donation.
  2. Sponsor or conduct a fund raiser.
  3. Identify people who would possibly donate.
  4. Attend upcoming events:  August 19th – Texas Roadhouse in Columbia.
  5. September 27th – a golf tournament.
Treasurer’s report: Report was given.  Taxes have been turned in.   Dayton Shepherd made the motion to accept the treasurer’s report.  Lora Zaner seconded the motion.
Contributions in memory of Clarence Jett:  Dayton reported $435.00 had been donated.  Cece had suggested that a tree be planted in Cosmo Park in his memory.  Clarence’s wife approved of this idea.
Report from International Convention:  CeCe Benton gave the report.  She started with a bag of “goodies”:  a binder, a mask, a pin from the incoming president, and a t-shirt if you had sent your size in at registration.  Business involved approving having zoom meetings.  The next convention will be in Sioux City, Iowa.
The question is should we have it this year.  Also, if we have it, what kind, what all should we provide and where should we have it.  But first we need a chairman.  Tim reported Brett offered to help but did not want to chair the committee.  One suggestion was to keep it simple.  Tom Leydens suggested a new location.  Tom said that he would help Brett in organizing the walk.  Material will be available at the September meeting.
Membership pins:  Membership pins were given out by Tim and Elaine.
            5 -year pin from 19-20:  Aaron Zaner
            5-year pins from 20-21:  Elaine McCoy
                                                 Bill and Jeane Tetro
                                                 Lora Zaner
            30-year pin:                   Brenda Hanson
            35-year pin:                   Jan Barry
                                                 CeCe Benton
            There were also pins for some people who were not present.
Bingo update: 
Jan Barry gave a report indicating we need more workers.  This is a good fundraiser for our club.  The last check was for $757.00.  It involves three to four hours work.  Right now, substitutes are working most of the Bingo nights.
Email addresses:
Several people are not getting notifications, the newsletter, and other items.  Each person was requested to go into Club Runner and update their email address.
Birthdays this month are Deb Koepke, John Hubert, and Leo Manson. 
50/50 Raffle:
Elaine McCoy won the 50/50 raffle of $30.00.  The club received $30.00.  Elaine donated her $30.00 back to the club.
Adjournment:  The meeting was adjourned.